How can we help?
What is citizenship by investment?
Citizenship by investment schemes were developed in response to complicated, long-winded and onerous residence and citizenship schemes requiring a minimum stay. These first generation programmes often took years to complete and required inconvenient levels of residency. The process for most citizenship by investment schemes is, by contrast, faster, more efficient and more reliable. They come with many more advantages and are also specifically designed to benefit both host country and applicant.
All the countries offering citizenship by investment schemes selected by Passports Global allow for dual nationality, enabling applicants to hold multiple citizenships.
The benefits of acquiring a second citizenship include:
- hassle-free, visa free-travel around the world, as often as you like, whenever you like;
- the potential for owning a new home in a “wow” destination;
- liberation from violence or political and economic instability and the opportunity to lead a better quality of life;
- access to global investment and business opportunities, together with improving your tax liability;
- access to world-class education for your children; and
- access to some of the best healthcare in the world.
How can we help?
Every citizenship and residency program comes with its own unique set of advantages, disadvantages and requirements. Application processing times and costs vary enormously, with some schemes offering citizenship for as little as USD$150,000 and others charging as much as USD$ 3 million. Navigating the plethora of options available, keeping up to date and finding the right citizenship solution for you and your loved ones can be a bewildering and confusing experience.
At Passports Global, we know that every applicant represents a unique family with a unique set of circumstances, priorities and requirements. We view every family member who requires a second citizenship as an individual with potentially differing needs, either now or in the future, which is why we sometimes recommend different schemes for different members of the same family.
Following initial contact, we will conduct a suitability assessment. This will be based on your needs, looking specifically at:
- number of applicants (family application?),
- tax considerations,
- travel versus residency requirements,
- investment requirements,
- education and healthcare priorities.
Based on this assessment, we will then recommend and present what we think are the most suitable solutions. Together with our partners, nobody knows the CBI countries, their legal and tax frameworks and the various citizenship options on offer there better than we do.
When assessing the suitability of a country and the specific schemes available there, we conduct thorough due diligence looking at:
- residence requirements,
- citizenship obligations,
- ease, speed and reliability of application process,
- the level and type of investment on offer and
- the number of countries to which the citizenship grants access.
Once a specific scheme has been selected, we will then take you through the process step by step, helping you prepare and gather supporting documents and complete application forms. We will endeavour to make the process as simple and hassle free as possible.
Ultimately, it is the individual applicant who makes the final decision, inter alia, based on all the options presented. Passports Global staff and agents do not promote any particular program or scheme. While Passports Global staff and agents may be able to advise applicants on the tax implications of the various schemes available, we do not provide tax advice or tax avoidance schemes.