A €250,000 property secures Permanent Residency. Citizenship after seven years of residency. Visa free access to 185 countries
GOLDEN RESIDENCE PERMIT PROGRAMME
WHO MAY APPLY
Non European Union member-state nationals who want to pursue an investment
activity in Greece.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The Golden Residence Permit will be given temporarily for an initial period of one year, renewable for two consecutive periods of two years. After the initial 5 year period, the investor may ask for the renewal of the temporary residence permit for consecutive periods of two years or may apply for a Permanent Residence Permit. After seven years of residency the investor may be eligible for Greek Citizenship, if all other legal requirements are fulfilled.
e.g. An investment in real estate of €250,000.
- Passport or another valid traveling document;
- Enter Greece for the first time on a valid Schengen visa;
- Proof of health insurance;
- Signed application enabling consultation of the Greek Criminal Record authority
- Criminal Record Certificate from the relevant authority of country of origin or residence for more than one year;
- Evidence of compliance with tax and Social Security obligations.
The applicant commits to:
- Maintain the investment for a minimum of 5 years;
It is not necessary to live in Greece in order to retain and renew the investor visa. However citizenship can only be granted after seven years of residency, living in Greece. That means reside in Greece not less than 183 days per year.
The applicant is entitled to:
- Request a Residence Permit also for immediate family, under the family regrouping option;
- Travel within the Schengen area.
- The holders of a Golden Residence Permit, may be eligible for a Permanent Residence Permit or Greek Citizenship, if all other legal requirements are fulfilled.
There is no right to work in Greece under the Greek Golden Visa scheme.
For detailed information on the advantages and disadvantages of the citizenship schemes available in Greece and the application process and requirements, please contact us.