GRENADA offers one of the most appealing citizenship by investment programs in the world. For a family of four, it is the best value for money. Grenada also boasts one of the faster and most reliable application processes. The Citizenship by Investment Act 2013 S8(2) requires the CBI Committee to make a decision on complete applications within 60 days of receipt by them. Most notably, the Grenadian scheme alone affords the opportunity to acquire a US E2 visa and possibly without liability to US tax on worldwide income if the visa holder does not become tax resident in the United States. By contrast the possession of a United States EB5 visa will certainly result in the applicant becoming liable to tax in the United States and on worldwide income. Other benefits include visa free access to the UK, all EU and Schengen Area countries and uniquely Russia, China and Brazil. Citizens also benefit from a low tax regime, outstanding healthcare and access to the world-class university, St George’s University. http://www.sgu.edu
Main attributes of the program
• Visa-free access to 131 countries including the Schengen area, UK, China, Russia, Brazil, Singapore and Hong Kong
• The only Caribbean country with an E-2 visa treaty with the United States which gives Grenadian nationals (subject to compliance with the rules) the opportunity to set up or further a business in the United States and live there with the family on a non-immigrant basis • The investment acquired may be sold on. The buyer can acquire Grenadian citizenship. The investment should therefore always have an exit route and a resale value.
• Relatively fast and efficient application process of approximately three months from submission with no visit required
Routes to Grenada Citizenship
Clients interested in acquiring Grenadian citizenship have two options:
• National Transformation Fund (NTF) donation option: A minimum non-refundable contribution to the NTF of USD150,000
• Investment option: To acquire an investment from a government “approved project” for a minimum of USD220,000. The investment must be held for a minimum of three years
The following fees are payable:
• Under the investment option, there is a flat government fee of USD 50,000 for the main applicant and up to three dependents. On some investment schemes this USD50,000 is included in the price of the required USD220,000 investment
• For both the NTF and real estate option, an additional USD 25,000 is required for each dependent after the third dependent
• Due diligence fees are USD 5,000 per applicant aged 17 and over
• Government processing fees are USD 500 for each person aged 16 and under, and USD 1,500 for the main applicant and dependents aged 16 and above
• Government application fees and passport fees totalling USD 1,750 per applicant
For detailed information on the advantages and disadvantages of the citizenship schemes available in Grenada and the application process and requirements, please contact us.