A €350,000 property secures Residency. Permanent Residency after five years. Citizenship after six years of residency. Visa free access to 186 countries.
GOLDEN RESIDENCE PERMIT PROGRAMME
WHO MAY APPLY
Non European Union member-state nationals who want to pursue an investment
activity in Portugal.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The Golden Residence Permit will be given temporarily for an initial period of one year, renewable for two consecutive periods of two years. All Portugal Golden Visa current and prospective clients that meet the minimum 7 days per year residency requirement in Portugal, and speak basic Portuguese will be eligible to apply directly for Citizenship after 5 years (no need to apply for Permanent Residence), without having to make an extended stay in Portugal (providing they have renewed their Golden Visa during the 5-year period).
e.g. An investment in real estate of €500,000 or €350,000 in the case of a property more than 30 years old or in an area of urban regeneration.
Documents and requirements:
- Passport or another valid traveling document;
- Enter Portugal for the first time on a valid Schengen visa;
- Proof of health insurance;
- Signed application enabling consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Record authority;
- Criminal Record Certificate showing no criminal record from the relevant authority of country of origin or residence for more than one year;
- Evidence of compliance with tax and Social Security obligations.
- Proof that investment funds originate from abroad.
- The main applicant’s property is not frozen within the boundaries of the EU.
- Meet or exceed the minimum stay requirements. (Seven days for the first year, 14 days for subsequent two-year periods.)
The applicant is entitled to:
- Request a Residence Permit also for immediate family, under the family regrouping option;
Legally work in Portugal;
- Travel within the Schengen area.
- The holders of a Golden Residence Permit, may be eligible for a Permanent Residence Permit or Portuguese Citizenship, if all other legal requirements are fulfilled.
For detailed information on the advantages and disadvantages of the citizenship schemes available in Portugal and the application process and requirements, please contact us.